Monday, October 19, 2009

My Angel

My little joyful Julia turned 10 years old this morning! Happy Birthday! I lucked out with this girl.
She's the best child a mom could hope for.
Dear Julia,
As you get older I enjoy being your mother even more than the year before. I love you more everyday. I love to have meals where you are sitting at the head of the table. You have lots of things to say & I am happy to be your captive audience. I want you to know that sometimes it is OK to command the attention of a room. You are beautiful, savvy, smart & confident. I learn new things from you everyday.
Please don't be in a hurry to grow up. You have some power moves, like groaning & moaning when I ask the simplest thing. But, I will never forget that underneath all that attitude is a little girl who needs to sit on my lap, or wants me to brush her hair or hold her every once in a while as she drifts gently off to sleep. I will never get tired of your daily hugs & kisses. I need hugs just as much as you do.
I enjoy girls night out with you. I get a chance to do girlhood all over again, & be the coolest Mom around. I like taking you to restaurants like P.F. Changs, you act grown up & sophisticated. You are simply adorable. Did you know that I love it when you turn the music up when your favorite song comes on? I do. I enjoy giving you foot massages. When you are relaxed you say the cutest things, or you feel comfortable to talk about serious subjects.
One of my most memorable moments is watching you dance in the living room like it's 1999. I danced too, & you laughed at some of my moves. I was delighted when you tried to show me a thing or two. It is OK to be silly & to let your heart go for the love of dancing fun. By the way, in case you didn't know, your beautiful smile is priceless to me.
I do all I can for you, & I don't always get it right but I hope that I get it right enough that when you grow up you will still want to go shopping together & spend Christmas with me. I hope you love being 10 yo, I think this year will be wonderful. I love you with all my heart.
Mommy

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Julia! I hope you have a great day, I'm sure your mom will make it perfect.

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Julia-
You are a beautiful young lady-
Sweet post Mom- =)
Have a wonderful day