Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Did You Know...

  • I would not be a blogger today , if not for my best friend, Thank you so much Andrea. You are the absolute best!
  • I was born on Saturday June 7th, in Davenport, Iowa.
  • I love my name, Karilyn Renee, Thank you Mom.
  • I admire my mother for the way she lives her life.
  • I look up to my sister Tammy, because she is practically perfect in every way that I am not.
  • I believe everything happens for a reason.
  • I am so lucky. I am so blessed.
  • The greatest miracle happened to me on Tuesday October 19, 1999. I became a mother.
  • I loved her before she was born. I named her Julia Renee.
  • I am a big Julia Roberts fan.
  • I love to spoil Julia, and I love to pamper myself.
  • I will never get tired of hearing Julia say "You are the best mom in the world."
  • I have been a single mother since 2003, and it is not so bad. Maybe because I have the best child in the whole world!
  • I am grateful to have a child that is filled with compassion. Julia makes me feel so special & appreciated. She constantly reminds me what life is all about, & keeps me grounded. I am truly honored & privileged to be her mother.
  • I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. He knows me personally & that is why he sent me an angel....Julia.
  • I can heal owiees with magic kisses and a hug.
  • Julia has her own blog...check it out!
  • I love each of my four sisters for spending time with Julia, and loving her so much.
  • Julia is back east for 2 weeks visiting her newest cousin Brock. Thank you Ryszard & Jocelyn for inviting her. I miss her to bits and pieces!
  • I have lived in Italy, Iowa, California, Maryland, Georgia, & Utah.
  • I have vacationed in Cancun, Mexico. Maui and Oahu, Hawaii.
  • I love spending time at the beach with Julia.
  • What happens in Hawaii stays in your heart forever.
  • My favorite breakfast is Cheerios.
  • My favorite food is salmon.
  • White chocolate molten cake @ Chili's is divine!
  • My favorite time to go to the grocery store is 6 a.m.
  • My favorite color is blue. Are you surprised?
  • I had my ears pierced on my sweet 16th birthday.
  • I pierced Julia's ears when she was 2 months old.
  • I love being 30 something.
  • I love Yoga.
  • I love having a productive day.
  • I love receiving cards or letters from my friends & family.
  • Money management is fun for me. I like to save money.
  • I have never bounced a check in my life.
  • The best things in life are not things!
  • Don is the greatest boss. It is a pleasure to work with him everyday.
  • I am not bossy, I just have better ideas.
  • I have no problem asking for help, or getting directions.
  • I have no gray hair, and neither does my mom.
  • I want to be a better listener, and more patient.
  • I purchased my first car when I was 16. It was a '89 Ford Mustang.
  • I currently drive a Mach 1 Mustang. I love it, but it is a little scary in the snow.
  • My mom & me are the only ones in my family who can drive a stick shift.
  • When I was little I touched a cactus after my mother warned me it was dangerous & that it would hurt if I did. Well...it looked so soft, so I touched it anyway. My mom spent the night picking out the stickers over the bathroom sink. Thank you Mom. I love you!

8 comments:

marilyn said...

Way to go Karilyn! I love what you wrote. Just for the record. I know how to drive a stick shift. At one time, long ago. I'm out of practice. By the way, I thought your favorite breakfast was "Greens to Go". Miss you lots, Mom

karilyn said...

Thank you Mom!

Unknown said...

Great Blog, thanks for sending me the address.
I think that everybody get's stuck by cactus the first time they see one and can touch it. I felt mine softly and didn't have to have any quills removed but felt it good enough to know that I didn�t want to grab it. I liked cactus plants because they were hard to kill with abuse. Do I water it today or tomorrow or is it next week?

Julie said...

I love your blog! That was fun to read! I didn't know some of those things. I like the one that says: I am not bossy, I just have better ideas.

Teresa said...

Just found your blog- how fun to learn lots of new things about you- it will be great fun coming here often to see what you are up to :}
Aunt Teresa

Andrea said...

Karilyn,
You're blog looks AWESOME! Welcome to the insanity we can't stop! Stop staying up so late blogging so we can get back to the gym.

Unknown said...

I saw a old, but great shape, Candy Apple Red Mach 1 yesterday that reminded me of you in your Chevy truck.

Andrea said...

Karilyn, the fun of blogging is NEW POSTS! I keep waiting for more info and photos. Don't leave me out in the cold waiting.