Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sharing Time


I am in charge of Sharing Time in Primary on the 23rd.
My lesson will be centered on the November theme.
I am thankful to know that we are all children of God.
Did you know that being thankful is a commandment?
D&C 59:7 "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."
One of the ways we can show our gratitude is to show respect
& kindness to all of His children. After my lesson, I will compare people to jelly beans. Thank you Lauren for the great idea.
Every jelly bean has something special which makes it different from the others. Each one is uniquely colored, & some are even spotted! Some are tart, some sweet, some sweeter.
Some get scooped up right away & some get saved for later.
But although each one's different & some favored over others,
Put 'em all in a basket & they all go great together!
Jelly beans wouldn't be so attractive if they were all identical.
Do you know exactly what a jelly bean is like if you don't taste it?
Jelly beans are like people ~ you've got to get to know them. I appreciate everyone & the many talents that they have.
I am so grateful that we are different.
How boring would it be if we were all exactly the same?
Thank you for being such wonderful jelly beans. FYI: Tutti Fruitti is my favorite.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How cute are you!!!
Love it, I wish I were in Primary so I could use that darling example.

Teresa said...

what a wonderful idea- love your pictures :}
I'm sure the children are going to love it.