Monday, May 18, 2009

Jive Concert 2009


Julia loved dancing to the song 'Route 66' using her own scooter. She was excited to perform at each of the 5 showings, & looks forward to doing it again next year! Julia was grateful to have friends & family at each of her performances. I was lucky to
sit front & center at 2 of the shows so Julia could see me,
she said I was grinning from ear to ear...imagine that.
Julia is a strong, smart, beautiful girl, & I admire her confidence.
♥ I wanted to cry, I was so proud of her. ♥


Julia & her dance instructor, Ricki, after the 5th & final show.
It was 9:30 on Saturday night, & they looked like they could easily go one more round. WOW! Julia adores Ricki, & as you can see the feeling is mutual. Ricki is 16 years old, positive & full of energy.
I love Ricki because she believes in Julia & makes her feel special. These girls are beautiful in so many ways.
Thank you Udo for the beautiful flowers & taking great pictures.

Lindsay & Julia. They may be 2 years apart, but Julia considers Lindsay one of her best friends. Last year Julia planned her birthday party around Lindsay's busy schedule.
A party, is just not a party without Lindsay.
Lindsay danced to the song 'Freeze Frame". She was the star
of their dance, she has a smile that never quits. Great Job!

6 comments:

Teresa said...

what a beautiful young lady she is becoming- Thanks for sharing the pictures- loved it!

Andrea said...

Thanks for all of your help last weekend! You're the BEST! Give Udo a kiss for me, I love the pics he got of Lindsay. GO UDO!

Kathy said...

Julia is growing up! She is beautiful. Wow, they do five performances? How many students are in her dance studio? How long has Julia been dancing? Kelly is busy getting ready for her first recital. They will be performing for two days. It is so fun to see how they grow through the years. I am always amazed at how comfortable she is on stage. I would probably faint or something if I had to get up in front of people. Good job, Julia!

karilyn said...

Thank you Kathy! There are about 300 students ranging from 2-40 years old. They perform at 6 & 8 p.m. on Friday & 2, 6, & 8 p.m. on Saturday! It is a lot of fun. It is 1 hour & fifteen minutes long, but it moves quickly with no pause in between songs. My mom loves that! Julia has been dancing for almost 2 years...I wish I would have started her much earlier because she loves it so much.
Good Luck to Kelly! ♥

marilyn said...

Thanks Udo for the amazing action shots. They really turned out great. It was a fun concert.

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Karilyn!
Hugs-